Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Perseverance > Magic

Letter to my sponsor from Kenya to the USA for college. I'll never forget year 2008 when I was seeking money to pay for the airfare to the US to attend BETHEL COLLEGE. :)


Dear Mr & Mrs Spindler 

4 yrs ago I got an opportunity to attend college in the US. I didn't have enough funds to pay for my air ticket from Nairobi to the USA. I came to your company offices one week after sending a letter seeking sponsorship.  It wasn't easy to get a hold of the top management because it was a busy season but I persevered and eventually had a chance to talk to Mr & Mrs Spindler.
Meeting the two of you was the most precious moment of my life because not many significant CEO have time for strangers. After a short interview with the two of you, you accepted to pay three-quarter of my air fare to the USA for college.  

I needed KSHS140,000 and I was only personally able to raise KSHS40,000. I prayed and hoped someone would pay for the rest of my airfare. Guess what!, your company agreed to pay KSHS100,000 :) It was in-explainable, I was joyful and grateful.  

After 4 yrs at Bethel College in the USA, I have graduated with two degrees. I did two majors and earned Business Administration and Accounting.  I hope to use these two degrees to develop my life and other peoples'. 

I thanks God, my Mom, Redlands Roses and a few friends who made it happen. I came to the US to study and play soccer for the college. Not only have I got two degrees but also my football skills have improved a lot.  Nothing pays well than prayers and hard work.  

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! I never saw it coming but I was hopeful God was going to use you. I persevered seeking for your help and eventually it paid off.  


Sincerely 

Hesbon Mwangi 

No comments:

Post a Comment