Saturday, July 14, 2012

Whole New World

Summer is here and people are getting married like there is no tomorrow! I am surprised because of my Kenyan culture in which having finished college allows you to get a job and get settled before you think of getting married. Boys have to prepare to work hard after college and be ready to pay the dowry. Marriage is cool so long someone is sure they can handle life as someone's husband or wife.

Questions are there to ask when you see young people tying knots. What's the main motive for getting married? How prepared are they to be married? Are they relying on HOPE, that things will workout well or they are ready for a whole new life? It sucks to talk about the U.S divorce rate but it's too high to be ignored. I hope young people are getting married to last but not to learn a lesson. A sweet marriage only happens once!

I love getting introduced into a new culture, living in it, learning from it, and supplementing my Kenyan culture with it. Honestly, the new culture has enabled me to appreciate my culture even more. Sometimes you don't learn to appreciate what you have until you encounter something new.

I am for the marriage and one day when I'm ready and with God's timing, I will tie the knot! Hello my fellow youth! Please make sure you understand what LOVE really is before you get married. I hope many of us aren't rushing marriage to regret later. I am still studying LOVE and I will let her know when I am ready. Oh well, it's summer time and the weather is warm for weddings!

It's not that I am confused, but I am intrigued and flabbergasted!! For sure I am in a whole new world that I like and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment